The next SkiffieWorlds will be in the summer of 2022. The bidding process is still to be announced.
The Host Criteria Basic Requirement are as follows:-
- The course shall be on salt or brackish water, out and back to be about 2,000 metres (or slightly less) there shall be a minimum of 15 lanes spaced 20 metres apart
- The host shall be able to work with local clubs and their national associations
- There shall be sufficiently sheltered water that we can be confident of running the entire event over the week
- There shall be sufficient facilities and infrastructure to launch, berth and recover between 50 and 100 skiffs
- Access to a large covered space for opening and closing sessions
- There shall be sufficient local mix of accommodation for 1,500 people (catered, self catering and camping etc)
- The host shall be able to work with local clubs and their national associations to provide sufficient number of skiffs to lend to groups travelling from overseas
- There shall be reasonable transport infrastructure
- The site shall be easily accessible for people to come from overseas, with connecting transport readily available
- The host will be required to programme for a weeks racing and fit in all the race categories within that week (Race categories to be confirmed later)
- Basic regatta infrastructure shall be provided
- The host must be able to provide sufficient facilities and boats for umpires, officials and safety officers for the supervision of races and to carry out safety duties
- The Host shall be able to provide a suitable social programme throughout the event including daily catering and welfare facilities.
- Readily accessible spectator areas and welfare facilities for competitors
- Waiting club areas for secure storage of kit.
For further information please contact the Secretary St Ayles Skiff International – Andrew Rendle